-Advertisement-

Woman Shot Dead in Taco Bell Drive-Thru

- Advertisement -

A routine trip to a Taco Bell in Stow, Ohio turned deadly on the night of August 14, 2024, when Megan Keleman, a 25-year-old recent graduate of Cleveland State University, was shot and killed in the drive-thru by a man who then took his own life.

The incident occurred shortly before 7:20 p.m. at the Taco Bell on Graham Road. Keleman was waiting to order food when Jason Williams, 53, rammed the rear of her vehicle. 

Startled, Keleman reportedly asked a Taco Bell employee to call 911. Williams exited his car, approached Keleman, and fatally shot her before turning the gun on himself, Stow Police Chief Jeffrey Film said.

Witnesses described Williams as angry after Keleman pulled in front of him in the drive-thru line. He honked his horn repeatedly before striking her car. The police found no evidence suggesting that Williams and Keleman knew each other.

The Summit County Medical Examiner ruled Keleman’s death a homicide caused by gunshot wounds to the neck. Williams’ death was ruled a suicide from a gunshot wound to the head.

Chief Film called the event a true tragedy, stating that while the Keleman family lost their daughter, the entire community also lost one of its own.

Williams was arrested earlier in 2024 for improperly handling firearms in a motor vehicle and operating a vehicle under the influence of alcohol and drugs. He was released on bond in May, with conditions prohibiting him from possessing firearms. It remains unclear how he obtained the weapon used in the attack.

Keleman, who had recently earned a Master’s in Business Administration from Cleveland State University, was described as a kind and dedicated individual. She volunteered as a coach with Girls on the Run Northeast Ohio and served as the editor-in-chief of her university’s student newspaper, “The Cauldron.”

Cleveland State University President Dr. Laura Bloomberg extended heartfelt condolences to Megan’s family, friends, and loved ones, noting that the university had lost a compassionate, active, and hopeful member of its community. 

Megan Keleman’s family issued a statement requesting privacy. They expressed gratitude for the community’s support and asked that their need for privacy be respected so they could focus on supporting each other during this challenging time.

Following the incident, the Taco Bell remained temporarily closed while local authorities conducted an investigation. Employees who witnessed the shooting were offered counseling services.

A candlelight vigil was held for Keleman on Sunday evening, August 18, with members of the Stow community and others attending to honor her life and legacy.

The investigation into the motive behind the murder-suicide is ongoing, though police acknowledge that the reasons behind Williams’ actions may never be fully understood.

- Advertisement -
-Advertisement-

Recent Articles

Football Star Shot and Killed in Home Invasion

21-year-old senior linebacker Jyilek Harrington from West Virginia State University was tragically shot and killed in a suspected home invasion on Wednesday night, September...

Celebrity Chef Beat to Death in Festival Brawl

On August 26, 2024, a Swedish chef named Mussie Imnetu, 41, was discovered unconscious near the grounds of Notting Hill Carnival in London, England....

Singer Executed Outside Concert Venue

A well-liked folk singer in Bogotá, Colombia fell prey to the escalating violence in the capital city. On the evening of September 11, 2024,...

Missing Young Actor Discovered Dead

Actor James Hollcroft, 26, best known for his role in the Mexican TV series "Como Dice el Dicho," has been found dead following his...

Taylor Swift Fans Shocked By Online Rumors

The rumor mill has been in overdrive recently with speculation of a split between NFL player Travis Kelce and pop star Taylor Swift. However,...

More Articles Like This

-Advertisement-